Monday, June 13, 2011

Race cars and Steve McQueen

Biscuit loves cars. His favorites are race cars. Anything with numbers and stripes and logos makes his favorite vehicles list.

So when Jeff let him watch part of Steve McQueen's movie "Le Mans" the other day, he was hooked. The whole movie is mostly race car drivers driving race cars, and there's very little dialog. What could make our race car-loving boy any happier?!?

After he finished dinner tonight, he walked up to Jeff and said, "We go upstairs to watch race car movie, Dad?" Needless to say, Jeff was a wee bit excited.

"Are you and Dad going to watch 'Le Mans', Biscuit?" I asked him.

"Yeah. We're going to watch 'The Mans.'" he said.

I can't say I hated my boys being upstairs in the movie room. I played on my laptop, flipped though a magazine and checked out the sales fliers from Sunday's paper. I like it when they have boy time because that means girl time for me.

Tonight, the boy time didn't get finished. Biscuit tried, but he didn't quite make it 'til the end of the movie. He fell asleep on a Dodge race car pillow (with a dogs playing poker pillow above his head). Maybe he'll have sweet dreams of flying down a highway in his favorite speedster.



























No comments: