Friday, June 24, 2011

Out of the mouth of my babe

It seems like I've been writing of lot of these compilation blogs lately, but our Biscuit baby is talking more than ever, and a lot of what he says is just funny, funny, funny.

Police cars: Our Biscuit baby is crazy for police cars and police officers. He tells us random facts about them all the time. The other day, he walked into the living room and said, "Police cars rescue everybody. Police cars go fast and fast. Police cars save everybody. Police have troll cars." Troll cars? Tiny little cars with crazy hair? Nah. That's how Biscuit says "patrol cars."

Hide and seek: Biscuit is finally getting the hang of hide and go seek. That's mostly thanks to his cousins. They taught him how to cover his eyes and count. The other night, he said, "1, 2, 3,4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Ready me not, here I come."

Interjections: Biscuit is learning how words can add expression to what he's saying. I brought a book home for him this evening. I called him into the kitchen and gave it to him. "Whoa!" he said. "A book. Whoa! It's a new book. I like new books." I'm not sure where he got "whoa." I'm guessing day care. He uses it the right way, although some of the things he finds "whoa-worthy" are a little questionable.

"Ooooooooo! I knocked my milk off the table. Ooooooooo!" Remember when someone in your class would get called to the office over the intercom at school? "Beep. Beep. Biscuit, come to the office, please." And everyone in your class would chime in together and say, "Ooooooooooooo!" It didn't matter if the kid was being called to the office so his Mama could sign him out early, everyone always assumed the worse, "Ooooooooooo!" Biscuit accidentally knocked his sippy cup of milk off the table this morning. And what did he say? "Ooooooooo! I knocked my milk off the table. Oooooooooo!"

More police: Jeff and Biscuit walked up the sidewalk to the front door this evening. As Jeff was getting ready to stick the key into the lock, Biscuit kicked the door twice and yelled, "Open up! Police officers!" Luckily, Jeff got the door open before Biscuit had a chance to kick it in.

No comments: