Monday, February 6, 2012

Word of the day

Jeff and I have worked really hard to only say things around Biscuit that we wouldn't mind hearing come out of his mouth in public. 

Although, I have heard some really funny stories about little kids and cuss words. 

Like one friend's daughter who walked into the living room and said, "We've got to clean this s--- up!"

Or a pediatrician at the second hospital I worked at used to tell us all kinds of funny kid stories. One of my favorites was about a little girl who wore a new dress to church. All the kids went down to the front of the church for the children's sermon, and the minister noticed the little girl fluffing the skirt on her new dress. He realized that the little girl was fishing for a compliment, so he said, "That sure is a pretty dress you're wearing today." The little girl just smiled and said, "Yeah, but it's a b---- to iron." I'm sure her mother was thrilled.

My nephew was playing hide-and-go-seek at Mama's house, and she couldn't find him. Mama and Daddy's bed sits catty-cornered in their room, and my nephew had crawled over the headboard and was hiding in the corner. Mama finally found him and told him to come out from behind the bed. My nephew said, "I'm trying to Grandmama. If I can just get my fat butt over." He was about 4 when he said that.

So far, Biscuit hasn't found any fun words to use. And we're hoping it's a while before he learns any.

But there are times we have to bite our tongues.

Like tonight. I was browning some ground chicken for dinner, when my spoon slipped and I splashed boiling water on my hand and arm. 

I'm not sure exactly how to spell the noise that came out of my mouth, but it sounded something like, "DA-SHOW-WAHHH-OOOOOT!!!!!" Unless I just learned to speak German, I can't think of a single exclamation I might have been shooting for. Although some choice words did flash through my mind.

But at least those choice words didn't come out of my mouth. Which hopefully means they won't be coming out of my boy's mouth any time soon, either.

No comments: