Friday, February 17, 2012

Playtime, Part 2

After we finished eating tonight, we were all still sitting around the table. I was reading out loud to Jeff from an entertainment magazine about next weekend's awards show.

I mentioned a movie called "Rampart," and Biscuit said, "Rampart, Rescue 51, Mom," with his hand cupped over his mouth.

"What?" I asked him. I was talking about the movie and had no idea what he was saying.

"Rampart, Rescue 51, Mom," he said again. I turned a questioning look at Jeff, trying to ask him what in the world Biscuit was talking about.

Jeff was laughing as he explained it to me.

"Rampart is the hospital on 'Emergency,'" Jeff said and explained that Biscuit's hand over his mouth was his radio mike. Biscuit got Season 1 of "Emergency" on DVDs for Christmas and has really loved watching them. "When the paramedics from Fire Station 51 call the hospital on the radio, that's how they identify themselves -- Rampart, Rescue 51. Then you're supposed to say, 'Go ahead, 51.'"

"Mom, I'm saying Rampart, Rescue 51 to you," Biscuit said.

And having learned what my response should be, I said, "Go ahead, 51."

Then Biscuit proceeded to tell me that "the woman had fallen up on the ridge" and that there was a big fire there, too.

All during this conversation, this is what Jeff and I look like in our fire helmets:



No comments: