Monday, February 13, 2012

Scared silly

I heard Jeff finishing up with Biscuit's bath this evening, and I thought I would go in and see how things were going.

What I didn't know was that Biscuit was heading to see me at the same time.

I left the living room and turned the corner into the dining room at the same time that Biscuit stepped from the kitchen into the dining room.

"AAAAACK!" I yelled.

"MOM! MOM! MOM!" Biscuit yelled, then he started crying.

We scared the C.R.A.P. out of each other. My heart was pounding, and Biscuit was just wailing.

I scooped him up, and we went and sat in my rocking chair for a while until we both calmed down.

Jeff and Biscuit were watching an episode of his "Emergency" DVDs in our bedroom, so I went in to make sure Biscuit was okay.

"You know what?" I asked him. "I was coming to see you, and you were coming to see me, and we scared each other half to death!"

"I know, Mom," Biscuit said. "I'm sorry about that," he said with a big smile.

"I'm sorry about that, too," I said. "Are we both okay now?"

"Yeah. We're good, Mom," Biscuit said, and we both laughed about it.

No comments: