Monday, February 20, 2012

He was right; I was wrong

We got a couple of inches of snow last night, so as Biscuit and I were on the way to daycare this morning, we were having to name all the places we could see snow.

After we named houses and car and trucks and the ground and mailboxes and trees and ... well, you get the point ... Biscuit started singing.

Biscuit alternated between two songs this morning. He was singing "Frosty the Snowman" and "Jingle Bells." I told him he was doing a great job singing. And he was.

But then I said, "Biscuit, those are Christmas songs."

"No, Mom," Biscuit said. "Those are not Christmas songs. They're SNOW songs."

I paused for a second and took a quick run through the lyrics to both songs. Neither of them mentions Christmas.

My boy was right, and I was wrong.

Dangit!

That was almost as bad as admitting to Jeff that HE was right and I was wrong!


1 comment:

Tanya M. said...

Ha! Same with "Let it Snow." I started singing it last month and one of my friends looked at me like I was crazy. I told her, "It's not a Christmas song. It doesn't mention a holiday at all."

Biscuit and I are on the same level. LOL