Sunday, February 12, 2012

Where's Mom?

Biscuit is on the verge of getting a cold, so we decided to hunker down at home today. He actually took a 4-hour nap this afternoon.

About 6:30, I finally convinced myself to head out of the house, only because we were out of milk.

I left while Jeff and Biscuit were in the shower, but apparently, I was supposed to okay my outing with Biscuit before I left.

Jeff said he dried off Biscuit and put him in his pajamas. Then Biscuit ran into the living room to find me.

When Biscuit realized I was gone, and I hadn't told him that I was leaving and where I was going, he asked Jeff if they could call the police.
No lie. My boy wanted to put out a missing person report on me, and I had only been gone for 15 minutes!

I had my cellphone with me, so Jeff called me and let Biscuit talk to me. When Biscuit got the phone, he said, "Hello? Hello? Is this the police?"

I told him it wasn't the police, it was Mama, and he wanted to know where I was.

I told him I was at the store, but I'd be home very soon, and he seemed satisfied with my answer.

When I got home, I unlocked the front door, then rang the doorbell.

"WHO IS IT?" Biscuit yelled.

"It's Mom. Can I come in?" I asked.

"MOM! You can come in," Biscuit said. And he seemed excited to see me.

That's a nice way to come home.

No comments: