Friday, February 3, 2012

What does a yellow light mean?

If you've never watched the 70s show "Taxi," you need to watch this clip to appreciate this post.




Biscuit was eating dinner tonight. We had PB&Js in the living room because I had a horrible day at work and was not in the mood to cook. 

"We're having PB&J and chips in the living room," I said to Biscuit. 

"In the LIVING ROOM?!?" asked Biscuit (actually it was, "In the wiving room?!?")

We pulled one of his little chairs up to the coffee table, and he sat down and grabbed a chip. He started gnawing on it like a little mouse, then I realize he hadn't said the blessing.

"Hey. You forgot to say the blessing," I said to Biscuit. So he said his usual blessing and went right back to gnawing on his chips. He was eating the chips so fast, I was afraid he was going to choke. But when I called him on it, he didn't quite get what I was talking about.

"Biscuit. Slow down. Slow way down," I said to him.

"Okay, Mom. ... Bless ... this ... foooooood ... fooooor ... our ... goooood. Was that slow enough, Mom?"

"Yes, baby. That was slow enough," I said.

No comments: