Sunday, February 19, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

Out of the mouth of my babe:

 
Verb tense: Sometimes Biscuit gets the right word but not quite the right tense of the word.

Like yesterday, he had a ball in his hand that he threw to me.

"I'm throwing it to you, Mom. Did you caught it?" Biscuit said.


Dinosaur movie: Sometimes Biscuit makes a plan, and I just have to suspend reality and go along with it. I love that he has a great imagination, and I don't want to stifle it, even if things sometimes don't quite make sense to me. We had this conversation on the way home from day care the other day:

"Mom, home is going to be the dinosaur movie, okay?" Biscuit said.

"Okay," I said. "Can you tell me more about it?"

"Um, you'll be the man. He turns on the movie. And home will be the movie and all my dinner will be popcorn."

"We're not having popcorn for dinner," I said.

"No, Mom! We're going to pretend our dinner is popcorn because our house is the dinosaur movie."

Of course, by the time I was putting dinner on the table, the dinosaur movie idea was long gone. Story lines change pretty quickly around here. You have to be on your toes.

 
Getting by on a technicality: "That's not a toy," I said to Biscuit the other day.

"I don't want to play with it. I just want to hold it," Biscuit said.

My answer was still no, but I'll give him points for trying.


Big bites: "Mom, if you take a big bite, you choke. Then you pour a piece of water and drink it. Then the chokes will go away," Biscuit said.

No comments: