Saturday, February 4, 2012

Biscuit's kisses

As we were leaving day care Friday, I noticed that there were folded notes on the classroom door, one with each child's name on it. When I opened it up, there were two big hearts drawn on it, one listed all the boys' names in Biscuit's class, and one listed all the girls' names. They were for Valentines.

Valentines for 3-year-olds.

My 3-year-old has no idea what Valentine's Day is, and I have to buy Valentine's cards for 26 ... you read that right ... 26 kids?!?

Biscuit and I went to the store and strolled down one of FOUR aisles dedicated to Valentine's Day. They had the little cards with the little envelopes with all the popular cartoon characters. If Biscuit were old enough to know these characters and pick out the ones he likes best, it might be okay. But for some of them, I would have to buy three boxes to have enough. And they're not cheap.

Anyway, after I finished stewing, I came up with a cheap alternative. I bought a bag of kisses and a pack of stickers, and when we got home, I dug up some red card stock.

Cute, cheap and Biscuit got to help. They're not fancy, but I feel better about these than I would have buying some of the others.

So here are the Valentine's cards Biscuit is going to give out this year.



2 comments:

Tanya M. said...

26 kids in the 3-year-old class?! Yikes! Jake's room maxes out at nine. Those are very, very cute Valentines.

Kimmy said...

Because of the nearby college, Biscuit's day care has a day shift and night shift, and there's anywhere from 1 to 3 hours crossover between a lot of the kids. So instead of just the daytime kids, the 26 includes ALL of them. Oh, and thanks for the compliment.