Thursday, July 5, 2012

Riding to freedom

A post from The Daddy Man: 

Kimmy had to work late the other night, so she told me to take Biscuit out on a dad/son date. I asked Biscuit where he wanted to go, and no surprise, he wanted the pancake rest-au-rant. He still says it in three very distinct syllables. 

We're pretty strict about him holding our hands in parking lots, so as soon as we got out of the car, I grabbed his hand. 

As soon as we got to the sidewalk, Biscuit said, "Dad, can I go now?" 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Can I gallop like a horse on the sidewalk?" Biscuit asked. 

"Yeah, you can go ahead," I told him. 

"Dad, tell me to take the point," Biscuit said. In a John Wayne movie we watch together ("She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"), John Wayne's character tells Ben Johnson's character to take the point, meaning that he rides out front and scouts ahead. 

"Okay, Boy, you take the point," I said. 

Biscuit took off in a gallop yelling, "Yeehah! Yeehah! Yeehah!"

No comments: