Saturday, July 14, 2012

5th Disease is my 1st enemy

Biscuit and his cohorts at day care were nice enough the share a 5th Disease epidemic with me this week.

Apparently, one of the infants got it, and his parents brought him to day care anyway.

5th Disease is actually a real thing. In the little kids realm of illness, it's chicken pox, measles, mumps, 4th Disease and 5th disease.

For little kids, the symptoms are a low-grade fever, headache, stomach ache and a rash. For adults, the symptoms are headache, nausea and pain and swelling in the joints.

The ones that have really hit me at the nausea and pain and swelling in the joints.

That's why I'm going to keep this post short. My fingers are swollen to look like sausages!

I dread the possibility of getting arthritis because let me tell you, this sucks. It has been very, very painful. And because it's a virus, there's nothing doctors can do for you. They can only treat symptoms.

Biscuit had it as well, but luckily, his was a very minor case. He had the rash, and that's pretty much all.

I will say that if one of us had to get it, I would take this pain over allowing Biscuit to hurt any day of the week!

I'm off to take more ibuprofen now. Wish me well.

No comments: