Sunday, July 15, 2012

Nice dinner

We capped off my birthday week with a nice dinner with friends.

It was a win-win situation, as Biscuit got his beloved honey chicken, and I got an evening out with friends ... oh yeah, and presents!

My hands are still aching from the 5th Disease symptoms. It has finally started to move out of my knees. They're still a little sore, but much better. My fingers, wrists, elbows and shoulders are the targets now.

I've decided that this illness showed up because I was in need of some patience (to move more slowly) and humility (to have to ask for help). 

Most people who know me know that I'm so not good at asking for help, but when you can't do things as simple as opening a drink bottle or tearing the ribbon off your own birthday present, you have to ask for help. And the ironic part of that is that I'm surrounded by people who are willing to help.

Biscuit has been funny because he knows something is wrong with me, but he doesn't quite get it. So he hurts me not meaning to, but he gives great hugs, so I'll suffer through it!

Everybody pray that this thing will run its course quickly, and I'll be back to myself soon.

No comments: