Friday, July 6, 2012

Oh, lollipop!

It's funny to me how Biscuit's tastes change. 

It was only a few months ago that we gave him a lollipop, and he took one lick of it, handed it back and said he was done.

How things have changed.

Jeff took Biscuit to get his hair cut, and when it was time to leave the shop, the hair dresser gave him a lollipop. Biscuit asked Jeff if he could eat it, and even though it was close to dinner time, Jeff told him to go ahead.

When Jeff and Biscuit got home, I made a fuss, asking him what he had in his mouth.

"It's a lollipop, Mom," Biscuit said. "Some people call them suckers, but I say 'lollipop.'"

I gave Jeff a look that said, "I can't believe you let him have that sucker before dinner, but mostly, I just thought it was funny to see Biscuit walking around with the stick hanging out of his mouth.

It did make me a bit nervous for him to be walking around with that stick in his mouth. I worked at two hospitals and saw a lot of things come into the emergency room. I also heard my entire life from my Mama, Granny and other family members about how you shouldn't walk around with anything in your mouth. 

But he just sat in the living room floor and played until it was almost gone.


His cowboy hat is a real one. It came from a Western store in the mountains.

I bet we've got a $1,000 worth of toys in our house, and our child's favorite thing to play with right now is a construction paper kite with a yarn string that he made at day care in March. He calls it either his "fire rope" or his lasso.

No comments: