Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Family night

Poor Biscuit's cheeks are all red and splotchy, but every time I ask him how he's feeling, he says, "I'm good, Mom." I ask him if anything hurts, and he says, "Nope. I'm fine." He's also not contagious anymore, so when I found out that Jeff had to go to a work event this evening, Biscuit and I headed to our favorite store and walked around for a while. 

We strolled through the clothes. Then we made our way over to the toy department where Biscuit got to "press" buttons on two toys.

I put "press" in quotes is because that's one of the non-Southern things my boy says. In the South, we "mash" buttons; we don't "press" them.

Anyway, we finished up in toys and headed over to get some cereal and apple juice. We stopped by the pharmacy for Jeff's decongestant. Biscuit struck up a conversation with the pharmacist and got a "lollipop." (I grew up calling them "suckers.")

Jeff got home shortly after Biscuit and I did. We made sandwiches for dinner, then it was play time. We put together an alphabet puzzle. Then we played Spanish bingo (it's a cute game where you call out Spanish words and phrases, like dog, cat, apple, table, boy, flower, something brown, something oval, etc., instead of numbers). Then we played with Play-Doh and cookie cutters.

It was a nice evening just to hang out together.

Check out my poor boy:




No comments: