Saturday, July 7, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

Here are a few things Biscuit has said recently:

You talkin' to me?: Lately, Biscuit has been telling us things he's heard from his friends at day care. Sometimes they make sense, and sometimes they don't. 

I think having some context would help, but it's not like the kids say to each other, "When my Mama said this to me, I had just finished jumping up and down on her last nerve." 

When Biscuit told us what one of his friends said recently, I could just imagine it coming from the mouth of an exasperated mother.

"Hey, Mom," Biscuit said. "Listen to this: You want some of this, young man? You want some of this?"
 

Sporting equipment: Biscuit came walking into the living room the other night with my bra on his head. He had one of the cups perched perfectly on top of his head with the strap looped around his chin.

"Check out my football helmet, Mom."
 

Yankee Doodle Dandy: Biscuit handed me a small flag this evening and said, "Mom, will you hold this flag and sing 'The Heart Song'?"

"What's the heart song?" I asked him.

"You know, Mom," Biscuit said. "It's the song at the ballgame where you have to put your hand over your heart."

He was talking about "The Star-Spangled Banner."

No comments: