Saturday, July 28, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has been saying lately:
 

5th Disease: Biscuit still has some red splotches on his face and arms because of the 5th Disease. And even though he hasn't acted like he's felt bad, I still worry about him.

"Are you doing okay?" I asked him.

 "Yeah, Mom. I feel very much good," Biscuit said.

I hope that continues to be his answer because I feel like until every last splotch is gone, I'm gonna keep asking.


Very observant: I was watching a sitcom the other night, and the characters were taking part in a quiz bowl. Biscuit walked into the living room, and watched a couple of minutes of the show. He saw the characters hitting the buzzers and answering questions.

"Hey, Mom. It's like 'Jeopardy'," Biscuit said.


"Yes, it kind of is," I said. Not much gets by that boy.


Say that three times fast: Biscuit and I were playing in the living room this afternoon. I had been Little Red Riding Hood, Calamity Jane, the fire department dispatcher and the pet food store man. Biscuit had taken on assorted roles as well, but I think this one was my favorite.

"Mom, I'm Ginger The Big Brother Dog That Yes Can Talk," Biscuit said.
 

Using his resources: "Mom, did you lose the mote control for the TV?" Biscuit asked.

"Yes, I did," I told him. "I misplaced the remote control."

Biscuit picked up his walkie-talkie (or hawkie-talkie as he calls it), and said, "This is Firefighter Ronnie Gage. Hey, mote control. Where are you? Over."

He nodded his head like someone was talking to him on the other end, then he said, "Don't worry, Mom. I'm calling for backup. We'll find it."

"You're a good helper, Firefighter Ronnie Gage," I said.

No comments: