Wednesday, January 30, 2013

When it rains, it pours

A post from The Daddy Man:

I dropped Biscuit off at day care this morning, and as I was leaving, I had to call Kimmy.

She answered, and I said, "There is no dignified way for a grown man to chase a small Spider-Man umbrella across a parking lot as your 4-year-old yells, 'GET IT! GET IT! GET IT!'"

She was laughing before I even finished telling her about it.

Biscuit stepped out of the car this morning with his umbrella. He loves the umbrella and was all excited about using it. But before he even took a step, the wind whipped it right out of his hands.

Then I was on the run ... with Biscuit in tow.

So I was dragging Biscuit with one hand, grabbing for the umbrella with the other hand.

Every time I reached down for the umbrella, the wind blew and it skittered just out of reach. Then I'd get a little closer, reach down ... and the wind would take it just out of reach again.

I finally grabbed the umbrella and folded it down. And of course Biscuit asked if he could have it back. I told him we'd leave it in his cubby at day care, and that seemed to be an acceptable compromise.


We need to get that boy a rain coat with a hood.

No comments: