Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekend at home

We haven't left our house since Friday evening. And we are perfectly fine with that.

Jeff has a cold and hasn't felt well, so he didn't feel like doing anything. I have this coming week off from work, so I didn't feel pressed to do any shopping or errands. And Biscuit, well, Biscuit was fine with whatever. He was just happy when he realized it was Saturday and that means that he stays with Jeff and me all day.

I did get a little productive today. I cleaned out the cabinets in my kitchen. I've been meaning to do it for a while, but I never seem to have the time. Plus, I got two new pots and some other stuff for Christmas, and instead of packing it in on top of the stuff I already have, I figured I'd start fresh.

I'm definitely not a hoarder. I do sometimes hate to get rid of things I like, but sometimes even your favorite bowl gets chips in it. And as hard as it is to let go, at that point, it's time.

So I was a little surprised to find a plastic cup with a lid from a restaurant we like at the beach. I don't usually  keep stuff like that. As I pulled it out of the cabinet, I realized it wasn't empty.

Check out what was inside:


I guess I put them in there as a hiding place when we were trying to wean Biscuit off of them.

Jeff and I had a good laugh about them, and Biscuit wanted to know all about them. I told him that he used to call them "pa-pires." And he thought that was pretty funny.

While I was getting the kitchen sorted, something pretty big was going down on the couch. I only heard part of the story, but it was something about a big brush fire, and a puppy and a horse were stuck up on the mountain and couldn't get down. The airplane came over and dumped water on the fire, but it didn't put out all the flames. Backup firefighters were called in, and even the dalmation showed up. 

Although, now that I look at the picture, I'm not sure what the deal is with the cowboy hat.




The firefighters were working well together. Biscuit said they were "doing teamwork."

No comments: