Thursday, January 3, 2013

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said lately:


Telling time: This was a recent conversation between Jeff and me that Biscuit jumped into.

Jeff to me: When is Biscuit due for more medicine?

Biscuit: 20 minutes.

Jeff: Boy, I didn't know you could tell time.

Biscuit: Actually, it's 11 minutes.



Chain of command: I saw one of our neighbors early in the week, and she shared a story with me that Jeff forgot to mention.

Our neighbors' son and daughter-in-law went to Italy, and our neighbors were keeping the grandkids. They asked the kids where they wanted to go for dinner, and the kids wanted pizza.

I was working late, so Jeff and Biscuit were on their own. And it just so happens that Biscuit had asked for pizza, too.

Our neighbors stopped by Jeff and Biscuit's table to talk to them, but Biscuit was busy handling a situation.

I was shocked when our neighbor told me what happened.

This particular restaurant has paper activity placemats and crayons for kids. But the pack of crayons they gave Biscuit had green and yellow, and he wanted red and blue.

So when the server came over, Biscuit asked if they had more red crayons. The server told Biscuit they were out of red crayons.

Then Biscuit said, "Who is your boss? Can you tell him to buy more red crayons?"

As our neighbor told me this story, my mouth flew open! I was shocked!

First of all, I think the situation should've been a little more serious before he asked for somebody's boss. And secondly, why did he just assume that the server's boss was a man?!? I didn't know whether to be offended more by his bad manners or by his chauvinism.


Business man: Biscuit set up a toy store on the couch the other night. He laid out a bunch of toys, then told Jeff and me that we needed to go shopping.

Jeff saw a firetruck he liked. "How much is that firetruck?" he asked Biscuit.

"It's $100," Biscuit said.

"That kind of expensive," Jeff said. "What if I give you $50?"

"Then I'll take my truck back," Biscuit said.


Cool clothes: I was asking Biscuit about his day at day care, and he said he played with his friends.

"Which friends?" I asked.

"Well," Biscuit said. "I played with D. He wore a black shirt today. And it was called a sweater."

 
Know-it-all: "Daddy, how smart are you?" Biscuit asked.

"Well, I'm smarter than some people and not as smart as others," Jeff said. "Are you smart?"

"Yes," Biscuit said. "I'm smarter than EVERYONE!"

No comments: