Friday, January 18, 2013

But what about the snowman?

We got a few inches of snow last night, but Biscuit almost didn't get to play in it.

By the time the snow started to accumulate last night, Biscuit was in bed. Then we got up this morning and got ready to go to day care and work. (Day care opened a couple of hours late.) It was looking like Biscuit wasn't going to get to play in the snow.

As Biscuit and I were walking out of his bedroom, he said, "Mom, I want to go watch it snow."

"It's done snowing," I told him. 

"But I wanted to watch the snow come down from the sky," Biscuit said.

"There won't be any coming from the sky, but there's still a lot on the ground," I said.

"Can we go see it?" he asked.

"Sure," I said.

As we looked out the window, he saw snowflakes drifting down off the tree limbs.

"It's coming down, Mom!" Biscuit said. "It''s snowing again!"

He was so excited, I didn't feel the need to tell him it was coming from the trees, not the sky.

"Come on," I told Biscuit. "We need to get ready for day care."

"But Mom, how will I make a snowman if I have to get ready for day care?" Biscuit asked.

I felt bad because Biscuit didn't get to play in the snow last night. And we were in the process of getting ready to go to day care this morning. And by the time we get home in the evening, it's dark. We don't get snow that often, so I really wanted to find a way for Biscuit to play.

"Get your jammies off ... quick!" I said to Biscuit.

I ran upstairs and grabbed his ski bib (size 2T that still fits perfectly, I might add) and ski boots, then I ran back downstairs and got him dressed in about 10 seconds.

Biscuit and I went out and played for about 15 minutes. Well, he played while I cleaned off my car.

I hadn't put up Biscuit's bucket and shovel from our beach trip, so I grabbed the shovel for him to use in the snow.

I was using Jeff's snow brush to clean off my car. And Biscuit decided to "help." His efforts ended with me asking him to clean the tires with his shovel instead of the part where there's paint.

Jeff came out and finished cleaning my car while I got ready. Then we took Biscuit to day care.

He said he was sad because he didn't get to play outside long enough. But luckily, they went outside at day care. The little kids got to throw snowballs at the school-age kids. Sounds like a good idea to me. After they were pelted, the school-agers helped the little kid build snowmen.

Most of our snow is already gone, but here are a few pictures from this morning.











"MOM! IT'S SO COLD!"


No comments: