Sunday, March 2, 2014

Two great tastes that taste great together

Remember the old commercials for Reese's Cups? The slogan was "two great tastes that taste great together."

Well, I brought that to pass at our house this evening.

When we sat down for dinner tonight, my unsuspecting son was his normal happy self. But when he found out what I had whipped up to eat, he was so excited that I got a hug and a kiss before he had even taken the first bite.

Biscuit's two favorite foods are pizza and tacos. And tonight, I just went crazy and combined the two. The boy was way more excited than he needed to be.

I made a cornbread batter and spread it out thin in a sheet pan, then baked it until it was done. Meanwhile, I browned some ground chicken and added taco seasoning into it. I also sauteed some black beans and corn, just like I do when we have tacos.

When the cornbread was done, I sprinkled some Mexican blend cheese on top, then spread out the meat, corn and black beans, then added a little more cheese. I baked it for 5 more minutes, and it was done.

I meant to take a picture of it because it was pretty, but we were digging in before I even thought about getting my phone or camera.

Biscuit was quite pleased with his meal.

"Mom, I can't believe you took my two favorite foods and put them together!" he said.

I love how easy he is to please ... at least for now.

No comments: