Thursday, March 13, 2014

General frustration

Biscuit and I have been on the run this week, but not really by our own choice.

We have ants in our kitchen that we can't seem to get rid of, which has sent us out to eat even more than usual this week. I just cannot prepare a meal in there while watching ants crawl across the counter. And we can't figure out where they're coming from.

My section of the paper was sort of a nightmare scenario this week. The writer who was doing the biggest story in the section got the date mixed up, so I had to pull a rabbit out of my hat Monday morning. Add to that the wires services budgeting stories that never showed up and stories that weren't posted according to their budgeted times.

Then throw in that Jeff is spending sun up to sun down at the coliseum for the basketball tournament, and that doesn't improve our situation.

Plus, Biscuit hasn't responded well to the time change. It is 11:05 p.m., and he is still wide awake! Yet when I go to get him up in the morning, he'll be like a little zombie trying to make his way through breakfast.

Biscuit and I have gotten on each other's nerves so bad this evening, I sent him to my bedroom to watch cartoons while I sat in the living room and watched grown-up TV.

So I'm going to quit griping now and share a few pictures.


Our weather has been completely insane this week. There was
leftover ice and snow into the weekend, then we had temperatures
in the 70s this week. Then it was back to the 30s today. So my
daffodils started budding this weekend while surrounded by snow.

Griffin was playing with his stuffed animals over the weekend.

This one is a little blurry, but there's something
about the look in his eyes that I like.

Look at all that hair. It takes FOREVER to get all the shampoo out of it!
Things will get better around here soon.

Basketball will be over after Sunday, and hopefully, we can get rid of the @#$% ants!

Now if I can just get Biscuit to go to sleep!

No comments: