Monday, March 10, 2014

Repeat performance

Biscuit and I didn't leave the house Thursday, Friday or Saturday. I think that's a record for us, but it was just so icky outside, we didn't want to go anywhere.

We played and read books and practiced piano and watched TV ... and then we were bored.

I was lying on my back in the floor, and Biscuit came walking over to me and pretended like he was going to jump on me. I told him to stand in front of me and put his belly on my feet. Then I lifted him up. He thought it was the coolest thing ever.

"Mom, we're just like acrobats!" Biscuit said.

I put him down, and we played some more. Then Jeff got home, and Biscuit wanted to show him our trick.

I lifted Biscuit up again, but while he was in the air, he shifted his weight and came crashing down on top of me. He smooshed my glasses against my face (but luckily didn't break them), and his shoulder slammed into my mouth.

My top and bottom lip both puffed up, and my bottom lip bled some. And yeah, it hurt.


Biscuit kept apologizing, but I assured him that it wasn't his fault. We were just playing, and it was an accident.

Then a few hours later, a memory popped into my head.

I tried that same move with my little brother (who now stands 6 feet tall), when I was about 10, and he was 6. And if I remember correctly, it ended the exact same way. Me with a busted mouth.

It would've been nice for that memory to pop into my head in time to stop a repeat performance!

No comments: