Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Out of the mouth of my babe

Here are a few things Biscuit has said recently:

Get it right: Biscuit got a balloon from a birthday party and a week and a half later, it's still flying high.

Jeff wrapped the ribbon around the banister a few times, and it's stayed in place until this evening. Biscuit reached up to bat the balloon around, and the ribbon came unwrapped, causing the balloon to float upstairs.

Biscuit climbed the stairs and rescued the balloon, but I could tell he was frustrated.

And let me say that sometimes Biscuit sounds like such a grownup that it's hard to figure out whether to laugh at him or scold him.

As Biscuit was pulling the balloon back down the stairs, he said In a very stern voice, "Dad, I had to rescue this balloon. It's safe now, but next time, you need to tie it up properly."


Big words: Sometimes Biscuit thinks he understands what certain words mean, when he really doesn't.

Like the other day when he wanted to reward me for doing a good job.

He said, "Mom, you did such a good job today that I deserve you a new wrench." And he handed me one of the plastic wrenches from his tool box.


Picking the right finger: Biscuit has started to learn notes at his piano lessons. And at least to start out with, he associates his right hand, starting with his thumb, as C, D, E, F, G.

Like this:


The other morning, Jeff was helping Biscuit blow his nose.

Biscuit said to him, "Dad, I can blow my nose into this tissue, but sometimes all the stuff doesn't come out. Sometimes I have to use my D finger to get the boogers out."

I was brushing my teeth and almost choked on the toothpaste.

"Well, boy," Jeff said, "next time you use your D finger to dig stuff out of your nose, make sure you put it in a tissue, throw away the tissue then wash you hands. Okay?"

"Okay, Dad," Biscuit said in a chipper little voice. "I will."

No comments: