Saturday, December 7, 2013

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently: 

Understanding: I had a hard day today. No particular reason, just feeling overwhelmed by the massive amount of things I need to get done. The several things I wanted to do this weekend and won't get to do. And being tired and run down by this wacky weather we're having - it was 70 degrees yesterday, and it's supposed to sleet tonight. Plus, Jeff had to work today.

So Biscuit couldn't seem to do anything right today.

Finally, I realized that I had been fussing and whining and all around grousing for the better part of the morning.

"Hey, dude," I said to Biscuit. "I'm sorry I'm grumpy."

You know what my boy said to me?

"It's okay, Mom," Biscuit said. "It happens."


Shiny accessory: Biscuit got a glow-in-the-dark necklace at a birthday party today, and he's played with it since we got home. He's been wearing it on his head, around his waist and around his neck. He's twirled it around and around on his arms. He's unhooked it so he could swing it around. He's used it as a fire hose.

He came over and handed it to me. I put it around my neck.

"This is my necklace," I said. 

"I like it," Biscuit said. 

Then I handed the necklace back to him. He unhooked it and wrapped it around his waist.

"This is my belt," Biscuit said.

"Nice," I said.

He handed it back to me, and I set it on top of my head.

"This is my crown," I told Biscuit.

Then Biscuit put his arm across his belly, bowed down at the waist and said, "It's lovely, majesty."

No comments: