Friday, December 27, 2013

Hark! It's Biscuit!

Biscuit has enjoyed watching Charlie Brown's Christmas show. And since the song is featured prominently in the show, he decided that he should learn to sing "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing."

Jeff and I didn't teach him the song. He picked it up solely from watching the show.

And that's probably why he doesn't have all the words down just right.

Check out his version of the song:




I'm not sure what "meecee motter" is. Jeff was laughing about it, and I said to him, "You would pass out cold if I looked up 'meecee motter' in a Latin translation dictionary and meant 'mercy mild'!"
Also, the part about "join the men above the skies" tickles me.

But my favorite is that part about "a jealous pope proclaims." We're not even Catholic! He can't be singing about the pope!

We got a good laugh out of Biscuit's song (not in front of his face, of course!). But hey, he was pretty close to on-tune, and he made the effort. And that has to count for something.

No comments: