Sunday, November 27, 2011

A visit with the Jolly Old Elf

We took Biscuit to see Santa Claus on Friday evening. This was our third year seeing this Santa, and we just love him. He's so kind and very patient.

As we walked toward Santa's chair, Biscuit made his way behind me. He wanted no part of Santa.

But as we got closer, I squatted down and held onto Biscuit while Santa talked to him. Within 30 seconds, Biscuit was sitting on his lap, having a great conversation.

He put on his best fake smile (oh, how I hate the fake smile), and the ladies taking the pictures oohed and aahed over him. Biscuit looked way too grown up sitting up on Santa's lap. Some days I look at him and wonder where my baby went.

Anyway, he told Santa that he wanted some firefighters for Christmas. He also told Santa he would be a really good boy. We'll see about that!


No comments: