Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lots and lots of lights

A golf course about 45 minutes from where we live covers a good part of its grounds with lights for Christmas, and I've been waiting since Biscuit arrived for the right time to take him.

Tonight was the right time!

I looked online for the hours and found out about a "throwback" deal that was only $5 a car to get in. It's $15 on the weekends and $10 on regular weeknights. So we picked Biscuit up from day care, grabbed some car-friendly dinner food and headed over to take part in the special deal.

Biscuit didn't really get it at first, but as we kept going, he started seeing things like snowmen, rocking horses, Santa. That's when it got fun.

We stopped halfway through at the gift shop, which was in a renovated barn. Believe it or not, the prices at the gift shop and concession area are very reasonable. 

They had a big bonfire out behind the gift shop, and for $1.25, you could buy a stick with five marshmallows threaded on it. Since roasted marshmallows are one of my favorite things ever, I got a stick. My freakish husband doesn't like marshmallows, so I splurged and bought him a cookie for $1. I should've told him he could eat marshmallows or nothing! But I guess that wouldn't really be in the Christmas spirit.

Biscuit was getting tired by the end of the display, and he was fast asleep within about five minutes of us exiting the park.

The evening definitely put me in the Christmas spirit.

Here are a few pictures of what we saw:

At the entrance gate.

Snowflakes.

Lots of pretty archways over the road.

Reflection in the water of a ship, lighthouse, whale and dragon.

MARSHMALLOWS!!!!!

Biscuit called these "spider web lights."

HORSE!!!

Nativity scene.

A dream for us all.









No comments: