Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Birthday party #2

Biscuit's second 3rd birthday party was the biggest. We invited three of his friends and 11 of our friends.

What?!? He doesn't even have 11 friends yet. Plus, five of our friends are parents to the three friends of Biscuit's we invited.

A couple of month's ago, I started giving Biscuit choices about his party.

"Biscuit, for your birthday, would you rather have dinosaurs or horses?" I asked.

"Horses!" Biscuit said.

A few days later, "Biscuit, for your birthday, would you rather have trains or horses?" I asked.

"Horses!" Biscuit said.

A few days later, "Biscuit, for your birthday, would you rather have fire trucks or horses?" I asked.

"Horses!" Biscuit said.

So the search for horse decorations was on. We got a red cowboy hat for each of the boys. I found some plates with horses on them. And I made some cupcake picks with horses on them.

Biscuit really liked the cowboy hats. He asked to wear his cowboy boots to the party. He was looking good. But then about halfway through the party, my diva baby had a costume change. I went looking for him and found him in our bedroom changing his shoes and hat. He went in our bedroom as a cowboy and came out a firefighter.

We had chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing, and cheese doodles, of course. After they ate, we took the boys outside to play. After they burned off the sugar of the cupcakes, they came in for present time.

The present opening was a little hard because the first present Biscuit opened was a horse sticker book. Biscuit would've been fine stopping at that. I wish I had a picture of his face when we took the sticker book away so he could open other presents. It was pitiful with a tinge of confusion and anger, like "How could you DO such a thing?!?"

Biscuit got lots of games and books and toys, and after everyone left, I took him on a tour of all his presents. I explained what everything was, and we read the cards, complete with one that had a fire truck on the front.

Overall, it was a fun afternoon.

Here are a few pictures:










No comments: