Monday, November 14, 2011

Biscuit's big plan

Biscuit spent his first night away from Jeff and me Saturday night. Biscuit was fine. Jeff was fine. I was a wee bit nervous.

I've spent the night away from Biscuit while he was at home with Jeff. And Jeff has spent the night away from Biscuit while Biscuit was home with me. But we've never both been away from him for that long.

I should say that Biscuit stayed with my brother, sister-in-law and their three kids. Not exactly like shipping him off to boarding school or summer camp, but even so, it was hard sending him home with someone who wasn't me.

Sunday morning, Biscuit went to church with his aunt, uncle and cousins. My sister-in-law teaches Sunday school to kids who are a bit older than Biscuit. The kids in the class were talking about heaven and hell, and one of the kids said something about hell having lots of fire.

My sweet Biscuit baby, who is a wannabe firefighter, stood up and said, "I'm a FIREFIGHTER! I'll put out that fire."

I know most parents have high hopes for their children, but MY son plans to extinguish the fires of hell. Top that!

No comments: