Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A new Nativity set

I found a cute Nativity set for Biscuit that he can actually play with. 

I told him about each person and animal. But then Biscuit took it into his own hands.

He took Baby Jesus on a ride on his bouncy horse. "Baby Jesus likes to ride my horse. He say giddyup and yeehaw."

Then the angel fell down and hurt his wings, so he had to go see Dr. Mom to get fixed. Dr. Mom also had to listen to the angel's heart.

A few of the animals had to leave the stable and go to a barn play set that Biscuit got for Christmas last year.

Then he said Mary was very hungry. "Did you give her something to eat?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Mary was hungry, so I gave her some hay. When you live in the barn, you eat hay," Biscuit said. Poor Mary!

Then Mary got a break. "Mom, Mom! Mary is going to a picnic. I'm going to put her in a box and take her to a picnic."

Biscuit just brought Mary back to the stable. Speaking in a high-pitched voice, Biscuit said, "Hi, guys, I'm back from my picnic."

And I'm not sure what happened after that, but the police showed up at the manger. There were two black-and-white patrol cars parked right out front.

Look at those sheep gossiping, trying to figure out what's going on!
Jeff's version of what the police officers said was, "It's SILENT night. Get it? That means keep down the noise. We don't want to have to come back out here again!"

That comment is why I've developed "The Look" that I give to Jeff when I don't want him sharing his smart aleck comments with our son!

Anyway, Biscuit has several books about the Nativity, so I think it will be fun when we can read the books and have the people and animals to play with. And I'll make sure to leave out the parts about Mary eating hay and the po-po showing up!

No comments: