Friday, November 18, 2011

Random stuff

Timing: Biscuit doesn't really get the time thing yet. I can tell him "just a minute" and to him, that might be next month. 

For the past couple of weeks, Biscuit has been testing out some timing words. But he's been stuck on "last week."

"Biscuit, we're having muffins for breakfast. Do you want one?" I asked him.

"No. I ate muffins last week," Biscuit said.

"What about yogurt?" I asked.

"Nope," Biscuit said. "I had yogurt last week."
 

Hello: The phone rang at our house one evening this week. Caller ID said it was a telemarketer. We let Griffin answer the phone.

Griffin: Hello? (pronounced heh-yo)
Caller: Hi. Can I speak to Kim?
Griffin: Kim?
Caller: Yes, is Kim there?
Griffin: Is Kim there? Is Kim there?
The caller hung up. What a shame.


Healing powers: Biscuit stumbled over his feet and hit his ear on the wooden arm of my rocking chair. I was sitting in the chair, and I heard the thump when he hit it. His ear and the side of his neck flushed a bright red, and the shriek that came out of his mouth was ear-numbing.

I held Biscuit and rocked him. He asked me to kiss his ear, so I did.

A few minutes later, still crying, Biscuit slipped down off my lap and said, "I'm going to go into your room and calm down, Mom."

At first I didn't understand what he said. "You're going to my room to do what?" I asked him.

"I'm going to calm down, Mom. Dad, can you come with me to calm down?" Biscuit asked.

Jeff got up and went with Biscuit to our bedroom.

Jeff said no sooner than Biscuit had crossed the threshhold, he stopped crying, smiled and said, "I'm calm, Dad. I'm all calm down now."

Apparently, our bedroom has super healing powers that kick in just by walking through the door.


Part monkey: Biscuit's body is becoming able to do things that his brain doesn't know he shouldn't do. He can run and jump and climb and wreak havoc, all the time having no idea that he's not invincible.

Biscuit and Jeff were watching TV in our bedroom while I was watching TV in the living room. I heard Biscuit's feet pitter-pattering down the hall into the living room. He was behind my chair, so I couldn't see him. But he was awfully quiet, so I turned around to see what he was up to.

I found him standing ... STANDING ... on the piano stool, reaching for an "Adam-12" DVD box.

"GET DOWN FROM THERE!" I yelled at him. "You're going to fall and get hurt."

"I'm just getting the peace car movies for Dad and me," Biscuit said, in a sweet little voice with his hand turned up.

That child is going to break his neck!

No comments: