Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Restroom routine

Biscuit and I walked into the store this evening, and he yelled out, "Mom, do you need to potty? You go to potty, Mom?"

I guess I do use the potty at this particular store quite often, but it's mainly because they have a family bathroom. It's a big, open private bathroom with a toilet, a sink and a changing table.
Like most 2 1/2-year-olds, Biscuit loves to touch and feel and discover. And those are just not things you want to have happen in a public bathroom. So the family bathroom is perfect.

As I enter the store, I can put Biscuit in the seat of a buggy, then wheel him right into that big ol' bathroom. The buggy keeps Biscuit safely contained, so I can do my business, then wheel him out.

Apparently, I use the family bathroom at this one store more often than I thought. Enough so that Biscuit put two and two together and made it a routine.

So we walked into the store, and he yelled loudly enough for everybody in the area to hear, "You go potty, Mom?"

And I said just as loudly back, "Nope. I don't have to potty right now, but thank you for asking."

No comments: