Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The name game

Biscuit has a motorcycle with a helmeted man on the back of it. The motorcycle driver's name? It's Motorcycle Man, of course.

He also has a stuffed puppy that he sleeps with every
night. The puppy's name? Puppy.

Are you seeing a pattern here?


But recently, I told him to go get his little horse if
he wanted to take it with us.

"That not Horse, Mom. That Pinto," he said.


It took me a few guesses to figure out what he was
saying ... pickles? pencils? Ohhhh, Pinto.

"Why do you call him Pinto?" I asked.


"Cause he's fast. And he's wild. And he's Pinto,"
Biscuit said.

That sounded good enough to me.


Tonight, my family was dubbed the Goose Family. I was
Mama Goose, Jeff was Dad Goose and Biscuit was Baby Goose. I'm guessing those were our names because yesterday when Biscuit touched my nose for no reason at all, I said, "HONK!" really loudly and scared the daylights out of him.

"You sound like a goose, Mom," he said laughing.


As a sidenote, I really miss that he doesn't say "geesen"
anymore. It was so cute. Instead of "goose" and "geese," he would say "geesen" and "geesens."

Biscuit has been really verbal for a long time now, but
as his letter pronunciation improves, it actually makes me a little sad. Saying his words better makes him sound too grown up.

But before Biscuit went to bed tonight, he reminded me
that he's still my baby. He crawled up into my lap, squeezed me around the neck and said, "I wuv you Mama Goose."

If this were a mushy-gushy blog, this is the part where
I would tell you how my heart poured out of me and onto the floor.

No comments: