Friday, May 27, 2011

He found it

Nobody at our house could get going this morning. We were all supposed to be getting ready for the day, but things just weren't moving very fast.

As I was sitting on the edge of the bed, I looked over at Jeff. He was sitting in the rocking chair holding one of his shoes. He wasn't trying to put it on. He was just holding it, looking kinda dazed.

Biscuit has had bad dreams this week, and that means that Jeff and I have been awakened at least a couple of times each night for this entire week. It's made for a long and tiring week.

I was supposed to be getting in the shower this morning, but I walked back into the bedroom where Jeff and Biscuit were, then I flopped across the bed.

"I can't seem to find my gumption," I said.

About 10 seconds went by, then Biscuit reached his hand into his imaginary pocket, pulled it out again and said, "I found it, Mom! I found it!"

"What did you find?" I asked.

"Your gun-shun," he said. "Here it is." And he reached over and put his hand on mine like he was handing me something ... apparently, my gumption.

Oh, that it was that simple, Biscuit baby.

No comments: