Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our yard

My in-laws live up north where it's still cold. So about this time every year, I take pictures of the flowers in our yard and send them to my mother-in-law.

I do it partly to make her jealous and so I can say, "See? If you'd move down here with us, you could see flowers a month or two earlier than you'll see them where you are." I also do it to give her something pretty to look at until all their cold weather goes away.

I grabbed the camera earlier this
evening and asked Biscuit if he wanted to go outside with me. He yelled yes then starting yelling "wahoo!" Have I mentioned that Biscuit likes to go outside?

I told him to go get his sandals. And he said, "We go out and see the ocean, Mama?" The ocean? Yep. He put it together that he wears sandals at the beach a
nd figured that's where we were going.

I explained to him that we were just going into our yard to look at flowers. I figured he might be a little disappointed. But he wasn't. "We go see flowers? Flowers are so coo-uhl," he said.

We hit the front yard first, and I sent Biscuit on a hunt. "Can you find
a purple flower?" I asked him. Then he looked for white flowers then yellow. When we were done there, I opened the side gate, and we walked from the front yard into the back yard. I'm not sure how it's happened, but Biscuit has never been through that gate.

We walked through it, and you'd have thought we were walking into a fairy tale land. "WOW, Mom! Trees! Grass! Flowers! This so coo-uhl!" I was a little confused, but hey, he
was so excited and pleased with that he was seeing, I just went along with him.




Her
e are a couple of pictures we took:




















1 comment:

Her Hollyness said...

oh, my little earth-loving doll!!! that kid's gonna save the earth, i swear! must ... cuddle ... him ... soon ...