Thursday, May 19, 2011

Biscuit ... The Book

I enjoy writing this blog. Mainly, I think it's because Biscuit is by far my favorite topic to talk about. But also because it helps family and friends keep track of what's going on with Biscuit, and Jeff and me, too.

One of my friends at work said it would be nice if I could have the blog entries in a book. At first, I just laughed and said, "Who do you think is going to read it?!?" But then, I thought it might be a nice keepsake for my Mama, Jeff's Mama and one day, Biscuit.

So I did it. I copied the first two years of blog entries into a file, uploaded it to an online publisher and had books printed. It's nothing fancy, but it includes all the blog posts and photos from 2009 and 2010.

I used a website called Lulu (http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/bringing-up-biscuit-part-1/15598376?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/2) to publish the book, and what's funny to me is that it is now available for anyone to buy a copy. Not that anyone will, mind you, but it just seems odd that a book about my child's life so far is published.

Here's the cover:

Jeff keeps fussing at me because I go back and forth between feeling proud and feeling embarrassed at my pride in it.

It's 150 pages, though, and I guess proud or not, just writing that much is pretty good. We gave copies to our Mamas for Mother's Day, and they were both excited about it. And the last page says, "To be continued ..." so I guess that means I have to keep writing.

Of course, with what my Biscuit baby brings to my life every single day, there is never a shortage of things to write about!

No comments: