Wednesday, April 23, 2014

School work

Biscuit brings home so many papers from daycare. He has drawings and worksheets. Sight word lists and practice guides. And it's hard to think about throwing it all away.

So I've come up with some criteria for keeping some and getting rid of some.

If the paper is more than 50% Biscuit's own work, I keep it. If it's not, I don't. There are occasional exceptions, but for the most part, I've stuck with this rule.

Here are a few papers Biscuit brought home this week:

This one features a good sample of
Biscuit's handwriting, so I'll keep it.

As for this one, I'll keep it for a little while, just because
when I ask Biscuit to tell me about it, he says "calerpittar."

An arthur came to visit Biscuit's school. No, not an author,
and arthur. She wrote a book about dreams. She talked to the kids about her book, then asked them to draw their idea of a happy dream. Biscuit drew Iron Man flying under a blue cloud.

The arthur gave the kids "happy dream rings." She said for the
kids to put them close to their beds, so they'll have good dreams.

No comments: