Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bee-ware of Biscuit's honey knowledge

A post from The Daddy Man:

Biscuit and I have some good conversations between home and day care. A recent one was all about bumblebees and honey.

It went like this:

"You don't have to be afraid of bumblebees," Biscuit said. "They might fly close to you, but it's because they can't see very well. Even though they have lots of eyes. If you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone."

"That's good to know," I told him.

"Bumblebees are our friends because they make honey for honey chicken," Biscuit said.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that honey comes a different kind of bee.

"So bumblebees make chicken?" I asked him.

"NO, Dad!" Biscuit said, exasperated. "They just make the honey FOR the chicken. Have you ever had Honeynut Cheerios?"

"No," I said. "Would you like to try them sometime?"

"Maybe," Biscuit said. "Can we get some from the grocery store?"

"If you want to," I said.

I can't ever recall talking to Biscuit about bumblebees of honey before today, so I'm not sure where his information came from. But if I ever make it onto "Jeopardy," and there's a "honey" category, I know exactly who to call.

No comments: