Friday, April 18, 2014

Musical boys

Biscuit and I blew off piano practice this evening. Instead, we cuddled up on the couch together and watched videos on my cellphone.

I was trying to think of something fun for us to do while we waited for Jeff to get home, and I thought Biscuit might like to see some "boy" piano players.

Regardless of age, people are either boys or girls for Biscuit.

I didn't want to show him classical players, thinking it might be overwhelming. So I showed him some men who play popular music.

Here are a few male piano players we watched:
Harry Connick Jr.
Billy Joel
Jerry Lee Lewis (who made Biscuit laugh out loud)
Dr. John
Fats Domino
Mickey Gilley

I told Biscuit that I was going to buy him a big ol' headdress like Dr. John wears. 

Thinking I was serious, Biscuit said, "Um, Mom, um, I don't think I would like that very much."

Biscuit and I had a really good time, and for the first time in I can't remember how long, Biscuit fell asleep in my arms.

It was a good night.

No comments: