Monday, April 21, 2014

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently ... about bathroom-related things:


Too much information? No way! We were at one of our usual restaurants recently, and about halfway through the meal, Biscuit made an announcement.

"I have to go poo," he said.

"I'll take him," Jeff said.

They start walking up the aisle toward the bathroom, and Biscuit saw our server coming toward him. Biscuit has actually asked to go to this restaurant just to see this server. He's a really sweet teenager who talks to Biscuit about baseball and superheroes. 

So as Jeff and Biscuit were walking, and the server was coming toward them, Biscuit decided to let him know what was going on.

"Um, excuse me, Luke," Biscuit said. "Don't throw away my food. I'm going to poo, but I'll be right back."

Luke, being the sweet kid he is, said, "Okay, dude. Don't worry about it."

And Biscuit and Jeff just went about their business.


Thank goodness for toilets: Biscuit and I were talking about the days when they didn't have indoor bathrooms. I explained outhouses and about how you could just take care of your business behind a big shrub.

Biscuit's response was pretty funny. He held his hands out in exasperation and got a serious look on his face.

"Mom, if we didn't have bathrooms, for goodness sakes, we'd have to pee on the grass and water the flowers," he said.

"Yep," I said. "That's exactly what would happen."

No comments: