Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sounds like a plan

I met a friend for a movie tonight. It was not an Oscar-nominated, classy, well-done film. It was a kitschy fun didn't-take-itself-too-seriously popcorn movie. Oh, and that's what we had for dinner - popcorn!

So Jeff and Biscuit were on their own. They had plenty of leftovers to choose from in the refrigerator, and I was quite sure they could entertain themselves.

And they did.

Apparently, when I called and said I was coming home, Jeff looked around and said, "We've got to get this place cleaned up before Mom gets home. You need to pick up your toys."

"All of them?" Biscuit asked.

"Yes," Jeff said.

"But Dad, I don't think I can get all these toys picked up by the time Mom gets home," Biscuit said.

"I tell ya what," Jeff said. "You start picking up your toys, and I'll help you."

"Dad, I have an idea," Biscuit said. "You pick up all the toys, and I'll keep Mom busy until you're done."

Hmmmm. I wonder how that worked out?

No comments: