Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Remember that exciting field trip Biscuit went on? Well, his class painted the pumpkins they got from the pumpkin patch. They also painted paper bags pumpkins to hold goodies from their fall festival today.


Biscuit said his pumpkin has a face on one side and a cape on the other side. I don't quite see it, but he does, and I guess that's what counts.

They played games like sack races and ring toss. They had cupcakes, chips and other snacks. They got bags of candy and goodies to bring home in their pumpkin bags. It sounds like he had a good day.

Biscuit wore his costume all day.

"Were you able to handle the bathroom okay?" I asked him.

"Mom!" Biscuit said. "I just asked someone to undo the back of my costume, and then everything was fine." He gets so exasperated with his mother sometimes!

"So you wore your costume the whole time you were at daycare?" I asked him.

"Yes, and I even wore it a naptime," Biscuit said. "And guess what? I didn't need a blanket!"

I was a little mad at the other parents. Biscuit was the only kid in his class who wore his costume. I'm not sure what the deal was, but all the other kids were jealous that Biscuit was wearing his costume, and they didn't get to wear theirs. I hope they all went home and gave their parents lots of grief!

Anyway, I picked up Biscuit and brought him home for a quick dinner. Then we were off for trick-or-treating.

I always take him around our cul-de-sac and to some older neighbors' house across the street. They love seeing him and talk about how he's growing up so fast. We've been really lucky that we still have all the same neighbors we had when we moved into our house 10 years ago. And they're all very nice people.

The neighbors loaded Biscuit up with enough candy that we really didn't even need to go to anymore houses. But one of my friends lives on a longer cul-de-sac. I'm guessing about 10 or 12 houses. We went there two years ago, and it was a nice area. Because it's a dead end street, there are no cars coming in and out. And that was just enough houses to get good candy without being completely worn out. So we met another couple and their little boy over there. The boys got a nice haul, and Jeff and I enjoyed hanging out with the other couple.

Here's Biscuit's haul:


And if you're wondering what we could possibly do with all that candy ... well, we had one idea.

No comments: