Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween party

Jeff, Biscuit and I went to an annual Halloween party this evening where we hung out with friends, ate lots of yummy food and had an overall good time.

Back in September, I asked Biscuit, "What would you like to be for Halloween?"

And he said, "I guess I'll just be a firefighter."

And I said, "What do you mean you GUESS you'll just be a firefighter."

"What else can I be?" he asked.

"Oh, sweet boy," I said, "you can be anything you want to be."

So I named off all the possible costumes I could think of, and he got really excited to imagine being a superhero. I asked him if he wanted me to make him a costume or if he wanted to buy one.

"Can we go to the store and look at them?" Biscuit asked.

It took walking halfway down the costume aisle, and Biscuit's decision was made.

Meanwhile, I hadn't even thought about mine and Jeff's costumes. I did a couple of searches on the Internet, but I didn't see anything that really spoke to me.

So we decided since Biscuit was going as a superhero, Jeff and I could be villains.

Here's who we're supposed to be - Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus aka Doc Ock.




Here's how it turned out. See Biscuit's web-shooting hand positions?



It was a potluck event, and my plan was to make cupcakes. I found these cool little cake decorations that looked like knives. So I wanted to stab one into each cake with a little red gel icing around it. But as much as I hate to admit this, I ran out of time today, and I drove to the grocery store and bought cupcakes. I PAID MONEY FOR CUPCAKES BAKED BY A GROCERY STORE!!!

Anyone who knows me will know this is not normal for me. I called my Mama on the way to the store because I knew she would get a kick out of me telling her.

She answered, and I said, "I have to tell you something, and you can't judge me for it."

"Uh-oh," she said. "What is it?"

"I'm on the way to the grocery store to BUY cupcakes," I said.

"Do whaaaat?" she said, in full Southern drawl. "What have you been doing all day?"

"Finishing YOUR grandson's new room," I said with much attitude.

She laughed and said, "Well, if you see anybody in the store that might know me, just don't tell them that you belong to me."

I called her again on the way back home. "It's done," I said.

She made a clicking noise with her mouth and said, "That's just SHAMEFUL!" and started laughing again.

Here are my store-bought-but-Kim-decorated cupcakes:


Do you hear that "reek, reek, reek, reek" noise from the horror movies?

No comments: