Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sleeping Superman

Biscuit has always been a pretty good sleeper.

And by that I mean that once he goes to sleep, he usually stays asleep. Occasional allergy-induced coughing fits or bad dreams are really the only two things that wake him up prematurely.

And as mad as some of my mom friends will get about this, we've only had a small handful of sleepless nights in the 3 1/2 years Biscuit has been here.

When we're out and about, and Biscuit gets tired, he goes to sleep. He can be in a stroller, and he'll just tilt his head over and pass out. If he's in a buggy in a store, he'll put his hands on the front rail, lay his down down and pass out. If he's in the car, he passes out. I could keep going, but I think you get my drift.

Here's a picture of Biscuit on a recent night. He barely had a bath and got changed into his jammies before he passed out. I couldn't help taking a picture of him because his pose looks like Superman when he's flying.


I had a rough day at work today, and I have a lot on my to-do list right now, including things that have to be done immediately (i.e. buy more allergy medicine for Biscuit), things that have to be done soon (i.e. find a rental house for our family trip, which is harder than you'd think because houses for 10 people most always have to be rented for a full week during the summer) and things that have to be done at some point (i.e. pick a paint color for the front door). 

Sometimes all of these lists get jumbled up, and everything on them seems like it has to be done RIGHT NOW!!! And when that happens, my stress level goes through the roof.

That's where I am right now.

So I'm hoping that I can go crawl into my bed tonight and get some good-quality Superman sleep.

No comments: