Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has been saying lately:


Missing horse: "Mom, Jake is nowhere to be found," Biscuit said with a lot of worry in his voice. Jake is his stick horse.

"Oh, no," I said. "Did you look for him?"

"LOOK! There are horse tracks," Biscuit said. "Let's follow them and see where they go."

Biscuit walked around the living room, and when he got to the back of the coffee table, who do you think he found?

"JAKE! There you are," Biscuit said. "I missed you SO much. Jake is my favorite, Mom. Jake is my favorite animal." 


Picking PJs: "I want to wear my jammies with the firetruck with a ladder and a police car and an ambulance and a police helicopter." He has a pair that fits the description, so that's what he wore.



Snacktime: I was eating party mix the other night, and Biscuit came over and spied something he wanted. "Mom, can I have some cretzels? Biscuit asked.

I smiled at him and said, "Yes, you can." I guess I should correct him when he says words and they're not quite right, but come on, how cute is saying "cretzels" instead of "pretzels"?


Not yet: "Biscuit, are you ready to go to bed?" I asked.

"I didn't yawn yet, Mom," Biscuit said. "If you yawn, it's time for you to go to bed. But if you don't yawn, you get to stay up and play."


Baseball has started: The minor league baseball season has started here in town, and Jeff and Biscuit went to a game tonight. There's a really nice playground at the ballfield, but before this season, Biscuit wasn't big enough to go in. But tonight, he asked Jeff if they could go, and Jeff realized that Biscuit is finally tall enough.

When they got home, Jeff figured Biscuit would be excited to tell me that he went in the playground, but I guess Biscuit was more excited about the game.

"Biscuit, what did you do at the baseball game tonight?" Jeff asked.

"I saw that man hit the ball," Biscuit said.

"What else?" Jeff asked.

"I saw that man throw the ball," Biscuit said.

"What else?" Jeff asked.

"I saw that man catch the ball," Biscuit said.

"What else?" Jeff asked.

"That's all," Biscuit said.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ella says 'pencils' instead of 'pretzels'. I don't correct her :)