Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

Here are a few things Biscuit has said recently:


Working hard: Jeff was lying on the couch in the living room, and Biscuit walked up and threw a ball to him.

"What are you doing?" Jeff asked.

"Playing with you, Dad," Biscuit said.

"Why are you doing that?" Jeff asked, just to see what Biscuit would say.

"Because it's my job," Biscuit said.


Getting warm: "Mom, when you mix hot water and cold water, you get warm water. And warm water is how you want to wash your hands," Biscuit said.

"How do you know that?" I asked him.

"Dad told me," he said.


Proud: It seems like we say "no" to Biscuit a whole lot these days, so when he does something good, we like to let him know that we're pleased. We tell him that we're proud of him and that we appreciate him making good decisions.

It used to be that when we told him we were proud, he'd say, "I'm proud of you, too, Mom."

But lately, he's gotten it a little twisted.

I poured Biscuit some milk to go with his dinner tonight, and instead of saying "I'm so happy you gave me milk," Biscuit said, "Mom, that's so proud for you to give me milk for dinner. I'm so proud for you."


No cheating: The science center we went to last weekend is free for kids 2 and younger. And especially with Biscuit still being small for his age, one of my friends asked if we paid for him to get in or if we fudged his age.

"Well, let me put it this way," I said, as I turned to look at Biscuit. "What did you say to that lady when she asked how old you are?"

"I tell her I'm 3 years old, Mom," Biscuit said. "'Cause I'm 3 years old."

I told my friend, "You can't cheat if they can talk."

No comments: