Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The illness continues

My poor Biscuit's fever was higher this morning than it was yesterday morning. 

I could tell by looking at him that he wasn't feeling well. We got him dosed up with children's ibuprofen and his antibiotic. By tomorrow morning, Biscuit will have had four doses of his antibiotic. I'm hoping that'll be enough to make him feel better.

Plus, it'll be a whole lot easier work-wise if he can go to day care tomorrow.

Jeff went to work as usual today, and I stayed home with Biscuit. I did some work stuff at home, but there are parts of my job that have to be done in the office. So I went in about 5:30 this evening and just got home.

I'm going to be tired tomorrow morning, but it was actually kind of nice working at night.

First of all, I'm a night owl. Even now that I work a regular day shift, I still love staying up late and getting up late (not that either of those things happens very often!).

Second of all, I used my phone once. ONCE the whole time I was at work this evening ... and that was to call Jeff and check in on Biscuit. Normally, I would take six or eight phone calls in the first hour or so of a usual work day.

Third, I was doing the production part of my job without having to worry about the manager part of my job. So I could put on my headphones and listen to some music while I hammered out pages.

Today's schedule was a little hard, but Jeff and I are both willing to do whatever Biscuit needs. And luckily, we've been able to fit our work in around that.

Let's hope Biscuit feels better tomorrow.

No comments: