Friday, April 13, 2012

Following instructions

Sometimes I read the instructions and warnings on toys, baby equipment and baby products, and I just shake my head at the absurdity.

The question in my head is always, "Would someone really do that? Really?!?"

That's exactly what ran through my head when I saw this on the bottom of Biscuit's potty seat.


For the uninitiated, potty seats are made as adapters for little kids to use the regular toilet. You set the potty seat on top of the regular toilet seat, so little butts don't fall in. Combined with a small step stool, they're great because it means Biscuit can get up and down off the toilet all by himself.



So back to the warnings.

Jeff saw me walking into the bathroom with the camera, and he said, "Something in there you want to photograph to send to your brother?" 

Don't get the wrong idea. My brother and I don't send each other poop shots or anything, but with some of the antics we've gotten into in the past, it probably wouldn't surprise Jeff if we did trade gross photos.

Anyway, I showed Jeff the warning and expressed my shock that they would have to put such a warning on a toilet seat.

"They wrote that warning for your boy," Jeff said. "He grabbed the handles, turned it upside down and almost had it on his head yesterday morning when I stopped him."

"Oh," I said. "I guess they DO need to include absurd warnings."

2 comments:

Reoma Mc said...

I assume when it's actually being used, the lid is up? ;)

Kimmy said...

Yes, definitely, Romy. But for some reason, I thought it was a little weird to take a photo of the inside of my toilet. It is clean, though!